Do you believe in ghosts? You just might after spending a night in the haunted Moonville Tunnel. Midnight at Moonville is a one-day Halloween-themed festival featuring dramatic storytelling, wagon rides, regional craft vendors, souvenirs, historical presentations, music performances, roaming spooks, and much more. The event will end with an interactive demonstration of paranormal investigation techniques hosted by a respected research group.
The next event will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 3 to 11 p.m. Parking will be at 71945 Shea Road, McArthur, Ohio 45651. There will be a $5 parking charge per vehicle, but most activities and entertainment are free. For more information, call the Vinton County CVB at 1-800-596-4459.
Schedule of Activities
3:00 p.m. – Event opens, storytelling and tarot card reading starts
7:00 p.m. – Wagon rides to Moonville Cemetery begin
12:00 a.m. – Interactive paranormal investigation
More to come!
To be announced!
We are in need of volunteers to staff Midnight at Moonville. If you would like to help, simply fill out the online application. Volunteers get some nifty perks, including:
- Free limited edition “Midnight at Moonville Event Staff” t-shirt
- Free parking pass
- Free snacks and drinks
Tips for Attending
- Arrive early and follow the signs to the designated parking area on Shea Road
- There will be some walking over rough terrain, so wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a flashlight; the event organizers will also have some available for sale
- The event is in a rural area, so cell phone and Internet service is not reliable
- Bring cash and checks to buy food or merchandise, as credit card services will be unavailable
At the Parking Area:
To be announced.
At Moonville Tunnel:
To be announced.
Food and merchandise vendors are needed for Midnight at Moonville! Download a vendor application here:
Midnight at Moonville is made possible in part by state tax dollars allocated by the Ohio Legislature to the Ohio Arts Council (OAC). The OAC is a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences to strengthen Ohio communities culturally, educationally, and economically.