Vinton County is Ohio’s last frontier of Appalachian wilderness. Our scenic beauty, rural location, and plentiful hunting opportunities attract attention from visitors across the state and the country every year.
The Vinton County Convention and Visitors’ Bureau (CVB) is a nonprofit organization that promotes tourism in the county through regional and statewide marketing efforts. The CVB produces a premium-quality biannual visitors guide that is distributed throughout Ohio. Since 2004, the CVB has partnered with the Vinton County Commissioners’ Development Department and the Vinton County Chamber of Commerce to market the county through one joint office in McArthur.
2016 Board of Trustees
- Lori Grupenhof, President
- Jason Garey, Vice President
- Audie Games, Secretary
- Susan Tripp, Treasurer
- David “Uncle Buck” McPherson
- Karen Martin
- David “Uncle Buck” McPherson
- Travis West
- Caleb Appleman
The work of the CVB is made possible by the support of members like you and by a portion of the lodging tax charged to visitors who stay in local lodging facilities. Any individual, business, or nonprofit group interested in travel and tourism is invited to join the CVB. Members pay a small annual membership fee and are entitled to numerous benefits.
- Vinton County’s Official Visitors Guide
- This biannual publication [link to the visitors guide request form] promotes the county to visitors. Every CVB member is listed in the guide, and may also purchase advertisements.
- Members receive a free listing here on the CVB website (www.vintoncountytravel.com) and can promote upcoming events hosted by their business or organization in the Event Calendar [link to Event Calendar].
- Visitor Center
- Members’ brochures, menus, or sample products can be displayed in the Vinton County Visitor Center [link to Where to Shop –> Visitor Center].
- Membership Tools
- New members receive reusable window clings to place on the windows or doors of their businesses, which indicates to customers that they support tourism and economic development in Vinton County. Membership badge images are also available for placement on members’ websites.
- Every CVB member receives our monthly email newsletter [link to the newsletter sign-up page], which contains important information about tourism in Vinton County, in addition to member advertisements and event promotion.
- Referral System
- Inquiries are made to the Visitor Center for services and products by phone, email, and walk-ins. Membership in the CVB allows us to better inform visitors about your business.
- The CVB sponsors annual events, including Midnight at Moonville. The CVB also compiles an annual Calendar of Events for publication in the Official Visitors Guide, the website, local news media, and other marketing efforts.
- Advertising Discounts
- The CVB purchases print advertising in regional markets. These ads promote the entire county, but sometimes include co-op space for members to purchase ads at a reduced rate.
- Tourism Expos
- The CVB attends state and regional tourism expos to advertise our county’s tourism assets and events. Members are sometimes invited along to sell or promote their products.
- Committee Activity
- The CVB is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees. Four positions are filled by members who are elected by the membership. Non-board members are encouraged to become decision makers within the CVB by volunteering on committees.